Saturday, September 5, 2009

Eating Cereal

Well we decided to give Reed cereal for the first time on August 19th (Reed was 1 day shy of 19 weeks)! We had several days with Reed where Josh and I kept asking each other, "Do you think he needs more food?" He just didn't seem satisfied (read the previous post for more on this). So finally one night I gave in, I say this because I really wanted to try to wait until 6 months to start solid foods. The book I have been reading (Super Baby Food) and our pediatrician recommended waiting, but I knew it was okay to start at 4 months and wanted to try to go off Reed's needs and not wait just because that's what I wanted. Reed loved every minute of the cereal and did great (way better than I expected) with the spoon! By the end he was whining for more between bites.
The cereal didn't seem to help him sleep better, but we have continued to give it to him every night. He seems to love it and if anything it is helping him get ready for more foods to come. Reed gets better at eating every day. I mix cereal with 1 oz of breast milk and he gobbles it down in less than 5 minutes.
1st Bite
Mmm...good!
What is this stuff??
Faster please...
Why are you taking pictures??
Happy Boy!!

No comments: