Friday, September 19, 2008

Pregnancy Brain....can it already be happening?

Okay, so I have always heard my pregnant friends talk about having "pregnancy brain!" Basically, I have always thought well that is a cute way of blaming your forgetfulness on something! :) But really y'all it may be true! Most of you that know me know I am pretty detail oriented and organized person.

Well last week I had to travel to Chicago for business. So I check my bag, get my boarding pass, get through security and I am sitting there, with plenty of time, waiting for them to call us to board the plane. I suddenly realize that I have forgotten to go by the bank to get some cash. I know I will have to take a taxi to get to my hotel once I land in Chicago, so I decide to get up and walk through the airport to see if there is an ATM. I ask someone and they tell me that I will have to go back through security, so I decide that isn't necessary that I will just worry about it later. So I am walking back to my gate and I hear the lady at the desk saying something about a plane being delayed another 30 mins due to mechanical failure. I know that there are two groups of people waiting to board two different planes, but for some reason in my head I just assume that it is my plane. So I sit back down get comfortable again reading "What to Expect When You Are Expecting!" Then I have another striking thought, well if the plane is going to be delayed I might not be able to eat for a while. I have been extremely lucky in the fact that I have not had any morning sickness...PTL! But I have gone a couple of times to the point of starvation and it has made me feel terrible for the rest of the day. So I decide to get back up and go find some pretzels to tie me over until I get to eat dinner. I get my pretzels and I am walking back to my gate again and right as I am getting to the gate over the load speaker this man says, "Andrea Baker report to Gate 1 immediately!" Again, if you know me you know I totally freaked out, I am so embarrassed! I walk up to the man and he says, "Are you ready?" At this point I don't even know what has happen. But then has I am walking down the ramp to the plane I hear him say on his walky talky, "The last one is coming!" Holy cow in the little time I went to get pretzels they call for boarding and everyone had already gotten on the plane. I guess our plane wasn't the one with mechanical problems after all...oops! Anyway, I was just happy I got on the plane! :)

So I have an okay time in Chicago it was all business and no fun, but Friday finally came and it was time to go home. At the airport I go up to one of the self check-in machines and input my information and it says, "Information not found, report to the line!" I don't think anything of it and I go get in line to check my bag and get my boarding pass. I walk up to the lady hand her my driver's license and she says, "Ma'ma do you have any paperwork with you that shows you booking a flight." I hand her the information I had printed off the internet a few weeks earlier when I booked the flight. She immediately looks at it a points to the date and says, "You were suppose to fly home yesterday!" What?? No, I wasn't I was working yesterday! Well, apparently I had my dates mixed up and never realized that I had booked my flight home for the wrong day! YIKES!! So, guess what happens when you don't show up for a flight? Answer: Your ticket is void and you have to buy another one, plus an airport fee of $30, on top of paying $15 each way to check a bag! Thankfully, there was another plane flying to Little Rock that day, that was not full and I was able to get on. I wasn't about to leave the gait this time while waiting, but then when I get up to board the plane I realize I need to go to the bathroom, oops to late and I wasn't about to use the airplane restroom. So when we got off in Little Rock I was litterally running to the bathroom! Wow, what a trip!

Seriously, I think "Pregnancy Brain" could be true!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this story! It is so not something you would usually do. I am sure there will be many more like this to come.

tara said...

hahahaha you are FOR SURE pregnant!!! I can verify with certainty, "pregnancy brain" is a true phenomenon and hits the best of us =)

Charity said...

Andrea, that is halarious! I know you were so freaked out about missing your flight home!