Friday, September 19, 2008

Telling the Parents!!

For most expecting parents one of the most exciting times is telling their parents! We were so excited to spread the news! Again, I had this event all planned out in my mind. We had decided it was best to wait until after our second ultrasound to tell them. So last weekend is when it finally happened! Our church was having their grand opening services and we convinced both sides of the family, siblings and all that they should come to church with us and then come over for lunch. Once everyone got back to our house, Gracie and Zeek were barking like crazy wanting out of their kennels. So I went in and put their shirts on again and let them out to tell the grandparents, aunts and uncles! My sister had already learned the news so she was manned behind the video camera to catch the big moment on tape!

Everyone of course was thrilled once they figured out what the shirts said, that took a while! They loved how we told them and are just anxious for this baby's arrival!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 posts in one day?!?! You are out of control already! :)

Sydney said...

Welcome to the blog world!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!

The Nelson Family said...

That's really cute! I'm sure your families are thrilled! Grace & Zeke have no idea how their lives are about to change! ;)

Tracy Purdy said...

I can't believe I JUST now found your blog! CONGRATS on the baby! I am so excited for you guys! I am so glad you are going to be great at keeping us posted!

Melissa Conaway said...

Hey Andrea! I just found your blog and love it! I am so happy for you and Josh! What an exciting time in your lives! And I have thought about the t-shirt thing for my dog when it's my turn as well! Great minds think alike! Love it!

The Proctors said...

I just found your blog!! Congratulations Josh & Andrea! You will be wonderful parents!!! I'll have to link your blog to mine!

Leslie said...

Congrats Andrea!!! I just found your blog and I'm so excited for you guys!!! It was so good to see you a couple of months ago. :0)