Wednesday, December 28, 2011

School Christmas Party

Reed had a fun Christmas Party at school a couple of Fridays ago and the parents were invited. This was my first time to attend anything at his school during the day! Let's just say WOW the patience involved in being a teacher of 12, 2 1/2 and 3 year olds is beyond me! But it was a ton of fun and really neat to see Reed interact with all of his friends. First up, a craft to glue hay around baby Jesus! When his teacher passed out glue bottles to every child, I almost died! What they all use glue, by themselves? Reed did great, with very little help from me.
Next up, cupcake and juice time! Reed's favorite as you can imagine!


Showing off his snowman that was on top of the cupcake! :)


Then it was time for presents! They all sat down and drew numbers.


This is not the best picture, but Reed got a bug as his gift! I had never seen these things, but they are little battery operated bugs that run across the floor super fast and turn around when they bump into things. Reed loved it; however, I haven't seen the bug in several days....I think it is already gone!

This is what I made for Reed to take to the party! Rice Krispy Reindeer! I thought they turned out pretty cute! I kind of combined several recipes I found on Pinterest, so I can't take full credit for them.

Everyone in the class brought treats for each other and instead of them all having a bag of goodies to go home with his teacher just made it a free for all and passed EVERYTHING out in front of them. There was candy and cookies everywhere and they were all going to town.


This is Montgomery, Hulse and Olivia. 3 of Reed's best friends in class. Montgomery goes to church with Reed and her Mom and I met in Aqua Moms when we were pregnant and they were born on the same day. Hulse and Olivia are twins and they live in our same neighborhood so in the summers we run into them a lot at the park. Hulse and Reed are buddies for sure and lets just say Olivia is the first girl I saw Reed kiss!


I had to add this picture! Any time they go any where outside of the class room they all line up and have to walk with their hands behind their back. It is so cute!


It was a very fun morning and I can't wait for more parties to attend!


No comments: