Tuesday, May 12, 2009

1 Month Old

I can't believe Reed is already one month old! In so many ways time as flown by and in other ways I feel like I have been a Mom for much longer than one month. Reed has brought so much joy into our lives and we already can't imagine life without him. He is growing like a weed and getting chubbier and chubbier every day. I took a few pictures on his one month birthday to show how much he has grown.

I had to have a naked picture so we can compare each month.

Sitting up in the chair....he looks so little!

Sitting with "Joshua Bear" This is a bear Josh gave me back when we first starting dating, I have always called it "Joshua Bear!" I thought it would be good to take pictures beside to show Reed's growth.

Looking at the camera

Hey Mom!

Smiling for the camera....one of the first smiles caught on camera

Just chillin'

Would you get this camera out of my face!





What Reed is up to at 1 month....


Still eating great about every 3 hours. During the day it may be a little less, I try not to feed less than every 2 1/2 hours. At night he is going up to 4 hours between feedings. He normally nurses 8 to 9 times in a 24 hour period.

He is also sleeping in his crib. We have had a few bad nights where I have had to hold him all night, but for the most part he is sleeping in his crib. He makes to many noises to sleep in the pack n' play beside the bed, that only lasted for 2 weeks.

Still working on him taking good naps during the day. He will normally nap good in the morning after his first feeding around 6:00 - 7:00 (enough for me to take a quick shower and get ready), but the rest of the day naps are slim to none in the crib. I am either holding him or if we are out and about he will sleep in his car seat.

Reed will now turn his head towards noise and voices when he hears something, he would do this with Josh and I from day one, but it is neat to see him do it with grandparents, the dogs, etc.

He is much more alert during awake time and awake for much longer periods of time. We try to keep him awake for about an hour after he eats and then he normally naps until it is time to eat again.

Smiling! Especially in the mornings when I am talking to him he will just smile and smile.

Talking (more less, making a lot of funny noises)! When he is awake he constantly moving his arms and legs and making a kinds of noises

Gaining much more head control. It seems like each day he is getting stronger and stronger

Starting to enjoy baths much more. He normally will not cry at all while we bath him. He actually seems very relaxed. His belly button didn't fall off until 2 weeks and 2 days. So we are just starting to get use to him being able to get completely wet.

Doesn't really like pacifiers. We have used one several times to calm him down when he is still fussy after eating and a diaper change. Sometimes he just wants to suck for a little while to calm down.

Still wearing newborn diapers but getting very close to moving to size 1

I washed all of his 0-3 month clothes this week. He is getting to chubby for newborn clothes.

We are still not sure what color his eyes are going to be. Some days I think blue and some days they are so dark I think they will turn brown. Right now they are still a dark blue color that most babies are born with.

I have to add that my favorite thing that Reed does (has been my favorite since the day he was born) is his sneeze. It is so loud and he will normally always sneeze more than once. It is the cutest thing ever! I have been saying every day, I have to get this on video tape and it finally happen! He was being so cute while I was taking all of these pictures, that I started video taping with the camera and it happen! He sneezed! :) I tell him he sneezes like his daddy. Josh has always had an obnoxious loud sneeze and now he has passed it on to his son.

All in all Reed has been a great baby! I think we have adjusted pretty well. He seems to be getting on somewhat of a routine and he has yet to cry without us being able to fix him within a few minutes. Sometimes it may only be that he wants to be held, but we can normally get him satisfied pretty quickly.

No comments: