Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bottles & Pacifiers

When Reed was 10 days old I got really curious what he would think about a paci, he had not needed one at this point, but I wanted to see what he would do. I tried three different brands (Nuk, Mams and Soothie). He would only take the Soothie, he gaged so hard with the other two. At 5 weeks he still doesn't take the paci very well, we basically have to hold it in if we use it at all. We use the paci here and there to help calm him down when we know he doesn't need anything.
1st time with the paci!

Since Reed was born I made a goal for myself that I would breastfeed exclusively for one month. I don't know where or how I came up with this time frame, but I knew breastfeeding was going to be a difficult task around the clock and I wanted to give it my best to always be the one feeding him. Well, we made it, so for a few days I had been anticipating seeing what Reed would think about a bottle. Mother's Day night we came home and Reed was still in his car seat. I knew it was time for him to eat so I quickly pumped a bottle for him and handed it to Josh. Reed didn't seem to know the difference! He sucked it down in no time. Since this night I have even fed him a bottle and he didn't mind that either. As long as milk is involved I guess he doesn't care who or what it is coming from.

Daddy feeding me my first bottle!



1 comment:

Ashley said...

Deacon was the same way...he didn't care what form it came in as long as he got his milk! I am glad Reed is so easy going.