Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pregnancy #2-Graham Scott Baker

Well, we were so excited to find out on March 28th that we were expecting our second baby! We were beyond thrilled and decided to share the news with everyone at Reed's 2nd Birthday Party. We had a family party at our house so it was the perfect time, except that it took everyone forever to notice Reed's Big Bro shirt! In fact I finally had to tell my Dad to read the shirt and he was very shocked and so was everyone else!

Then on July 5th, we were able to find out we were expecting our 2nd baby BOY! By the time the day arrived Reed had me convinced that it was a boy because he would only say he was having a baby brother. You could ask him, "Are you having a sister or a sister?" and he would still say brother! We decided it would be fun to have a little reveal party for the family so my sister made some cookies with colored cake balls in the center for everyone to bite into. They turned out so cute and everyone loved finding out together.


We were so excited to see this little profile!









We finally decided on a name in September. I have always loved the name Graham and Josh liked it right away, but there were several other names we considered for a while. We just had a hard time deciding. For some reason it was weird giving him a name, very different from naming Reed when I practically knew all my life that if I had a little boy that's what his name would be. But we finally settled on Graham and Josh wanted to use Scott after his brother's middle name. I think they go great together and I am totally in love with his name now, Graham Scott Baker!


This pregnancy has been VERY different from Reed's. It started off very similar, I didn't show much until 24 weeks or so (I was 25 weeks pregnant when we went to the beach in the previous post), I gained about the same amount of weight, Graham's heartbeat was always around 140 like Reed, and I measured right on track every week. With Reed I had what I would consider mild heartburn and with Graham I had a few days where I could barely eat it was so bad! Then around week 30 once I started getting bigger I started having so much pressure and I knew right away that Graham was head down. Reed was always breech and I never experienced anything like this. I have also had lots of braxton hicks contractions (a couple of nights ago I was able to time them every 2 minutes for 40 minutes) and never had one with Reed. 2 weeks ago during my 36th week I got very sick and was so sick I called the doctor and they wanted to check on dehydration. The nurse practitioner went ahead and did a full appointment and I had lost 4 lbs in 4 days and we had a little scare when she measured Graham at only 34 weeks and 4 days earlier I had measured 36. After an ultrasound everything checked out fine and Graham measured exact to the day! Once I got well, it was like my body held on to everything I ate and I got SO swollen! I did swell with Reed, but I had never seen anything like this! I am happy to report now the swelling as subsided and at least to a stranger my hands and feet look normal. I am feeling great and we are just SO excited to meet our Baby Graham in 4 days!


I can't really decide if my belly is the same size as it was with Reed or maybe a little smaller. Monday at my last appointment I actually only measured 37 weeks and I should have been 38 and 1 day. I want to guess that Graham is going to be a little smaller, but I only gained 1 lb less this pregnancy and it is Thanksgiving week (with no weigh in before delivery.....I couldn't have timed this better)! So I guess everyone will have fun guessing his size!


Here I am at 31 and 37 weeks pregnant. I took them wearing the same outfit to try to compare. I haven't been very good about taking pictures. I had taken several more in the mirror myself but unfortunately I just lost all of my pictures and videos off my phone.


Up next pictures from the 2 wonderful showers we were blessed with and a sneak peak at Graham's nursery! It most likely won't be 100% by the 28th, but it will be very close and will possibly be 100% by the time we come home from the hospital!

No comments: