Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sneak Peak-Graham's Nursery

The nursery is still not 100% complete, but it is so close that it may be done before we get home from the hospital or within the next few days. I know it will be complete soon and I really am not worried about it at all, but I thought I would show a few things. I am loving it more every day!

I was a little worried about using the same room that the two nurseries would look to much a like. I really wanted Reed and Graham to each have a special, different room. We didn't even change the paint color and I think they are completely different.

The room has a modern safari theme! The fabric was one of the first ones I found when I started looking and I have loved it from the second I saw it. We decided to add a tree to the wall behind the crib to tie in the theme.

View of the crib wall. There will be letters added with Graham's name soon, they should be in the mail any day.



Close up of the bumpers and sheet



The sheet is a teeny tiny print of the larger animal print.






Close up of the tree! I love how it turned out and knowing that it cost me $6 makes it twice as great. I used a projector to project a picture of the tree I found on the Internet and then bought green and brown paint samples that were 40% off and used the sample paint to paint it on the wall!

Stripped curtains, same fabric from the crib skirt and bumper cording



The next two pictures are prints I found on etsy. I was worried about having to spend tons of money framing them and I walked in Michaels and these were literally the first frames I saw. I was a little worried the green would be to bright or not look right, but I think they turned out perfect just what I imagined.



Cute little Alligator bank I bought months ago, I knew it would be perfect.

This is a picture frame that I have had forever that I used the leaf paint on and then added his monogram and cute elephant from Hobby Lobby.

Two stuff animals to match. The giraffe my mom bought and the elephant I saw at a local fabric store months ago, it was a little expensive so I didn't buy it at the time, but I couldn't stop thinking about how perfect it would be so I went back and got it this week.




Still to come the dresser made by Josh's Dad, Graham's name for over the crib, a changing pad made out of the animal print and 4 paintings being done on 14X14 canvases to hang above the dresser, by one of my friends from college! I can't wait to show the finished room!

No comments: