Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas Eve....more family traditions made

First up a Happy Birthday Jesus cake. I felt like this would be one good way to help Reed understand the real meaning of Christmas and something we can do every year together as a family. Reed helped me bake the cake. He loves anything he can spray, so lets just say there was no way this cake was sticking to the pan! :) I decorated the cake while Reed took a nap and Reed help add a few sprinkles (or a lot)! I am not a professional cake decorator, so don't judge.


I think the cake turned out great and Reed loved it. He was so excited about singing Happy Birthday to Jesus...so sweet!

Reed blowing out the candle for Jesus

Christmas Eve morning, along with baking a cake, we also prepared cookies for Santa. I took the easy way out and bought the pre-made ones, but it worked out great because Reed could really do them all by himself.

In true Reed fashion I turned around and he was eating the cookie dough!

Placing the cookies on the plate, I won't mention how many got eaten...Reed loves cookies like his Mommy!

All done!
Having another cookie....he didn't want to smile with the cookies
A few cookies & milk for Santa!

No comments: