Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas Morning

Before Graham was born I spent SO much time trying to find matching pajamas that I loved. Their sizes are so different right now I didn't have luck finding matching ones, but I found coordinating ones and I think they turned out pretty cute. Reed decided he would hold Graham for a quick picture and I was so excited to get a cute one! I am sure they will both hate me one day for taking this picture! After this we were off to bed so Santa could come. We talked to Reed a lot about Santa and how it would all work and he seemed to understand, and for weeks he had been saying, "Santa is bringing me a helmet (football helmet)!" That is all he wanted he said! On Christmas morning though Reed seemed to be confused (maybe just overwhelmed)! He kept saying, "Who bought this?" Which is one of his favorite questions right now. We had to keep telling him that Santa came. I know if he totally got it this year, but it was so fun watching him get excited about every gift!

Reed's gifts!
Everyone else's gifts!
Reed was super excited about his 4-wheeler! He got one just like Daddy's! He already has a jeep to ride outside, but it doesn't go very fast a we are constantly helping him get unstuck because it doesn't have good traction. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on another big toy, but I was super excited when I found this on Craigslist (it looks brand new & we saved $100)! It has a turbo speed and goes up to 5 mph. Reed loves it!
After running over all of his gifts and ramming into the dining room table across the room! Reed decided to open his stocking first. Toothpaste, bath crayons, movies, candy & more.

Next up! Santa brought a Razorback helmet and a whole razorback outfit including pads!
Can you see that smile? He was so happy to finally have his helmet!Our little football player (and crazy dog, that had to be right in the middle of the action).A toolbox! Josh's parents started a special tradition with him & his brother where they bought a nice tool for them every Christmas. So Josh wanted to do the same for Reed & Graham. I love the idea, it was so nice for us to have so many great tools when we got married. This year we got them each a small tool box to start off with and Reed also got a set of screwdrivers. Fishing game! Which by the way is the best $3.88 I ever spent, thank you Black Friday! Reed loves this game and is really good at it! It is actually kind of hard and makes me dizzy.
Graham hung out in my lap while Reed opened his gifts and then woke up just in time to watch big brother open his! Watching big brother open his new cell phone he will get to play and chew on in a couple of months (can I just say it is REALLY hard to buy for a 1 month old). Santa couldn't not bring him something though!

Watching very intently! So cute!

Me & my boys Such a special day! I love Christmas at home, just the 4 of us! Something I always dreamed of, but still can't believe I have 2 kiddos!

So Reed made it through opening gifts, but could not wait to get outside and ride his 4-wheeler, no matter how cold it was!

Graham took another nap while Reed played with all his toys and we ate breakfast

This is how Reed ran around all morning! He loves being a football player and tackling Daddy!


We had a great morning together as a family and then we packed up and headed to Sheridan for the day for Christmas lunch at Grans and dinner at Gigis!

No comments: